Saturday, February 20, 2010

SET STARTERS

Something that I look for in tracks is their ability to begin a set. Something that builds tension, sets a mood and gets the floor ready for whats coming next. I find tracks that have a certain arch to be particularly powerful.

The first track comes from Brooklyn based producer Teleseen. Super future blog Dutty Artz introduced this track into my life, and I couldn't be more grateful. A remix of Vybz's Life Sweet, this beautifully dubby and elegantly spacey 77 bpm number is the perfect first ingredient to kick off a 140+ bass set.
Vybz Kartel -Life Sweet (Teleseen Remix)

Second. The blend of low end, hard, syncopated bass and a familiar vocal track really gets people rowdy. This really well put together remix of One in a Million gets it right; start with the bassline, drop into the original track, move back into the bassline. I appreciate this, Bort Sampson, I really do.
One In A Million by samosoundboy

Lastly. The instrumental into the smash. This is simple. And I'll let you figure it out.
Sticky - Jumeirah Riddim

On a separate note, the new E. Bad song is so fucking good, it makes me want to shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers