Friday, January 22, 2010

THE FUTURE AS INSPIRATION



Here at the Wild Life HQ, we take the future seriously. Sure, it's something that a lot of geeky sci-fi nerds ramble on and on about (myself included), but in the realm of modern dance music, it's only thing that matters.
Am I confusing you yet? I'm talking future bass, speed garage, hyper dub... the shit that sounds like it was made on a god damn space ship.
There's a small and growing group of DJ's that are pushing this sound forward, one them would be London's Manara of blog/collective/party entity Night Slugs. I've really been feeling what she's been doing, along with her colleagues Bok Bok and L-Vis 1990, for a while now.
She recently released a new mini-mix for the very fine folks over at Discobelle. This mix is HUGE, and inspiring.

Manara - Miracles Mix
Paula Abdul – Cold Hearted (Dubstramental)
Roska- Gone to a Better Place
Aero Manyelo – My 8 Kids
Aaron Carl – Oasis (Nick Holder Vocal Dub)
DJ Gregory – Klappa
DJ Gazzeto – Cruel 22
Shaun-D – Spanish Fly (Kingdom remix)
Ikonika – Brown Acid remix
GIRL UNIT – I.R.L
Dj Deeon – Freak like Me (Brenmar mix)

xo
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers